FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Margret Delves-Broughton
(860) 496-9624 x6220
Plant these Easy-care Shrubs Now -- They'll enhance the landscape for years to come
(1) Syringa Bloomerang(tm) -- A new reblooming lilac that bears fragrant purple-pink flowers intermittently through the summer. It thrives in full sun with little care or pruning. Compact Bloomerang(tm) fits well in sunny, small spaces.
(2) Rosa Pink Double Knock Out(r) - Hot pink shrub rose bred to resist diseases. Long blooming and carefree in a sunny location. Hardy to zone 4 and grows 3-4 feet tall.
(3) Hydrangea Endless Summer(r) - A long show of clustered blue flowers (pink on alkaline soils) produced on last year's stems as well as on new growth. Don't worry about winter bud damage or pruning mistakes, because you'll still get flowers.
(4) Buddleia Peacock(tm) - This English Butterfly Bush attracts butterflies and hummingbirds with scented pink flowers from mid-summer into fall. Provide average soil and a sunny location.
(5) Viburnum 'Summer Snowflake' - White Doublefile Viburnum produces lacy flower heads through the growing season in sunny locations. Dark red to purple leaf color in fall. Plant it and forget it!
(6) Potentilla Dakota Sunspot(r) - Bright yellow flowers cover this shrubby cinquefoil all summer long. Thrives in hot dry locations. Makes a rounded shape, under 3 feet, perfect for small spaces.
(7) Sambucus Black Lace(tm) - Dark, handsome form of Black Elder with deeply cut leaves on a broadly arching plant. Pink flowers lead to black berries. Hardy to zone 4. Grows in full sun to part shade.
(8) Rhus Tiger Eyes(r) - A spectacular selection of Staghorn Sumac that won't take over. Its large fern-like leaves open chartreuse and take on orange and scarlet tones in fall.
(9) Caryopteris Sunshine Blue(tm) - A Bluebeard with bright gold foliage and amethyst blooms that attract butterflies late in the season. Dies down in winter in colder zones, so a good choice for small spaces. Drought tolerant.
(10) Chamaecyparis 'Treasure Island' - Gold Dwarf Cypress is an evergreen, compact shrub for part shade. Has a unique shape and color and looks great year round without trimming.
Barb Pierson, the nursery manager at White Flower Farm, is available for interviews upon request, as are other experts. Barb is also available for interviews upon request. Please contact Margret Delves-Broughton, (860) 496-9624, ext 6220, email@example.com
White Flower Farm is a family-owned nursery located in northwest Connecticut. Since 1950, they have been gathering, evaluating, growing, and selling a wide range of annuals, perennials, shrubs, vines, bulbs, and houseplants representing the very best varieties from around the world. Plants shipped are true to name, free of disease, and in prime condition for growing. While in the area, stop by White Flower Farm with its five acres of display gardens, or visit www.whiteflowerfarm.com, where you will also find helpful gardening information including how-to videos. Join our E-mail list for gardening advice and tips, From the Farm monthly newsletter, announcement of events at the White Flower Farm Store, and special offers not in our catalogues or on our Web site.
White Flower Farm -- we make your garden grow.